24 Jan 2012

Mold Problems in Public Schools

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Mold can grow on paper, cloth, carpet, wood, tile, insulation — anywhere there is a warm, damp environment. Schools and commercial buildings are particularly susceptible to mold problems. All those feet track in mold spores (and dampness during rainy or snowy seasons) and when the spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin to grow. Unfortunately, molds nearly always consume and destroy the things they grow on.

There are many types of molds and nearly all of them have the potential to cause health effects — a dangerous problem in a school. Molds can produce allergens that can trigger allergic reactions or even asthma attacks in people allergic to mold. Others molds are known to produce potent toxins and/or irritants. Potential health concerns are an important reason to prevent mold growth and to remediate/clean up any existing indoor mold growth.

MoldOff is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product. The product is safe to humans and pets yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market. It destroys mold at the roots and can also provide a protective barrier to prevent future growth. MoldOff Concentrate is an economical way to treat large buildings like schools and businesses effectively without breaking your bank.

 

[top]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>